The main objective of TRINITY project is to create a multidisciplinary network of local digital innovation hubs (DIHs) supporting manufacturing companies to leverage agile production.
Composed of research centers, companies, and university groups that cover a wide range of topics, this DIH network aim to support higher levels of manufacturing agility, with advanced robotics as the driving force.
The result will be one-stop shop for methods and tools to achieve highly intelligent, agile and reconfigurable production. It will make available, to the European manufacturing industry, innovation capacities, demonstrators and support services, enabling the adoption and diffusion of advanced manufacturing technologies.
MANU-SQUARE project aims to deploy a European, platform-enabled, marketplace fostering a dynamic establishment of value networks.
Being industrial sector agnostic, the MANU- SQUARE platform deploy tools and services that enable the agile establishment of business between companies and between R&D and innovation organizations. It fosters and supports a 3 fold objective:
(1) to promote the optimal use of the installed industrial base, by supporting the dynamic establishment of value networks, via the matching of the availability and demand of manufacturing resources and equipment and thus rendering an optimal use of installed capacities;
(2) to enlarge the companies innovation base, by supporting the access to research and engineering capacities, new suppliers and technologies;
(3) to support the implementation of circular economy strategies, in the manufacturing sector, via the establishment of supply chains for materials, based on the monetization of by-products.
The strategic alliance established between the 2 projects will therefore foster the deployment of the industrial ecosystems, tools, marketplace and support services, that can contribute to the resilience and competitiveness of the European Manufacturing Industry.
Further information about the projects is available at the respective websites:
– TRINITY project website: https://trinityrobotics.eu/
– MANU-SQUARE project website: https://www.manusquare.eu/
TRINITY and MANU-SQUARE projects have received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreements nr.s 825196 and 761145, respectively.
DISCLAIMER: The herewith information reflects only the author’s view. The European Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information herewith included